Entering Scheme 4A1i Results
Results for scheme 4A1i are to be submitted via our bespoke participant’s portal. If you are unable to submit any results using the portal, please feel free to contact us to discuss alternative ways of submission.
Scheme 4A1i Results Entry Guidelines
Interpret the Scheme 4A1 genotyping results to report the HLA phenotype at the split specificity level e.g. report the relevant number only for B*40:01 allele group as B60, DQB1*03:01 group as DQ7, C*03:03 allele group as Cw9. HLA-C specificities without serological equivalents should be reported e.g. C*16 as Cw16.
Participants can indicate the presence of the Bw4 epitope when relevant HLA-A specificities are reported, (i.e. HLA-A23, A24, A25, A32). However, participants will not be penalised if they do not report Bw4 in this situation.
- Do NOT include the loci letter or ‘*’ (asterisk) in a result field, just a number e.g. ‘1’, ‘26’, ‘103’
- Null alleles should be reported using the suffix ‘N’ e.g. Cw4N if a definitive definition of a null allele has been made.
- For DR51/52/53 if a null allele has been identified, please select ‘Absent’ and use the comments box to indicate the null allele.
- Report heterozygous results in numerical order, with the lowest number in the first result box e.g. 1, 25 or 3, 29 or 4, 17
- Do NOT leave any fields blank (unless not registered for a particular locus).
- For homozygous results please repeat the type in both boxes, e.g. 1, 1 or 8, 8 or 7, 7
- Results entered elsewhere (e.g. comments) are not included in assessment.
- Use the correct HLA phenotype nomenclature for all loci e.g. DR ‘4’ not ‘04’
For any queries with reporting, please contact us.